Get To Know Me!

The following is an autobiography by a Jacobs’ Journal staff member.

My name is Andrew Cen, and I’m from the newly built Sixth college! I am a physics major with a computer science minor, planning to graduate by 2023. When I’m not staying inside studying for my classes or looking through new articles about STEM, you can find me playing basketball or playing video games with friends. I’m also into playing and listening to music of various genres, so feel free to reach out about your favorite songs or instruments you play.

In the world of research, I’m primarily interested in astrophysics, among many other topics among the physical sciences. I like to look through various headlines about new exoplanets, black holes, and other findings at the forefront of our exploration of space. On the other hand, I’m also curious about the world of AI and how robotics is shaping our future right in front of our own eyes. Discussions about how society will cope with such rapid changes in jobs and technology really get me excited about what could happen. Both astrophysics and AI are modern fields that I predict will have a heavy impact on how we will be living hundreds of years from now.

Currently, I am going through my second year here at UCSD, finishing up the rest of my lower division major classes. With the current work-from-home situation, I will miss the opportunities to connect with more people in-person, but I believe this provides the perfect time to become more active as a writer from my room. There is a huge inflow of news regarding the virus and other medical breakthroughs around this time. Even though all of my academic classes are STEM-focused, I enjoy continuously honing my writing skills with Jacobs’ Journal, while still keeping my eyes on the world of science.

If you want to get connected with me, add me on LinkedIn or Facebook below!

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-cen-8442b21ab

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/andrewlcen/

Author